Over the last couple weeks I’ve been overly preoccupied (dare I say obsessed) with finishing projects. No doubt, it’s due to this focus on finishing that I been feeling disappointed in my results. I’ve decided that I should focus on what I have accomplished instead of what I have not completed. So…
This rug project has also resulted in a reduction of the ratty towels in my linen cupboard, and a remarkably pared down closet. I’m sure the folks at “What Not To Wear” will be pleased that I broke down and cut up my “good” tee shirts for this project. (By good, I mean that they were over five years old, men’s style, unflattering and appropriate only for painting or sleeping in tents.) It was a surprisingly difficult decision to reinvent them into rugs. The floors look much better in these shirts than i ever did. Good call.
One box has been completely emptied in the closet… and I created easy and attractive storage for quilt binding. I like to make extra binding to use in tote bags or for the next quilt. This allows me to bring a little of the previous quilts forward to the present project. Many of my quilts have pieced bindings which goes especially well with a a scrappy quilt.
I have finished quilting a queen sized quilt which has been living on my quilt frame for about a year… pictures when I get a bit further on the binding.
I have managed to get quilt top and back together with some batting for a baby quilt… it is now residing on the quilt frame and is 80% complete. It goes with this adorable diaper tote which I have completed. The handle started as a belt purchased at Goodwill for $.69. The ribbon was purchased without realizing that each spool only contained about 12 inches worth of ribbon. I’m sure it was intended for scrapbooking. Here’s how I made it work for me.
I also finished 4 spools of thread, one queen sized package of quilt batting, 6 spools of ribbon and countless cups of coffee.
This has resulted in a noticeable difference in the closet.